I am very against going home often especially since I’m only two hours away and wanted to go so much farther. But I am actually going home for the weekend after all. I really didn’t want to but I want to be there for my sick mommy more so yes, back in Arcadia for a short day! I do love college though. So so so so much. It’s been a whirlwind and I’m actually riding it the best that I can. I am still sandy from the beautiful San Diego beaches and I am excited to spend my days the way I did yesterday. School, library where I did my homework for the next week, hiphop workshop (or random other extracurricular) and then party at night all while meeting all different and amazing kinds of people. And yes even if I have to sacrafice sleep somedays, I have the best room mates in the world who wake me up every morning. So everything is good! Hopefully Arcadia didn’t change on me in a week <3 even though my own life definetly has.
But I can’t believe I fit all six boxes and two HUGE suitcases full of clothing into my tiny part of the room! It took foreverrrr but I did spend most of the day eating with grams and mom after I moved all my stuff in. It’s three AM and I feel satisfied but anxious that I have already forgotten where I put stuff. LOl I’m paticularly anal about my room this time around and how prepared I am, in terms of everything, because I want it to be the best enviroment possible when it’s school timee. But now that everything I could possibly need or use for the next year is stored away impeccably in my room, it is time to fully decorate it!
On a more important note, I am SO freaking screwed for orientation tomorrow because it’s 3AM and I cant find a plug for my alarm clock. Gahhhhh. Nightynight :)
It’s pretty weird being at a college campus and there aren’t even any people here yet. I am excited for all of it to really start :)
Last time I will be sleeping in my room for a few weeks. Hope it won’t have changed into a chaotic mess by then. And although I’m never sentimental with goodbyes, I hope my family and friends understand I will never think anyplace can replace what home is now. I’m bring a LOT of stuff to be well prepared for me kicking college’s ass, but I am not bringing a single memorabilia. I didn’t really plan it that way, but I just don’t know where to start and I feel like everything should just stay the way it is here, and now, in my room of the past 6 years. If my room changes, fine, but nothing can change everything that’s happened the last 18 years in Arcadia so it’s okay. Maybe I’ll come back for memories later, but for now I am super super ready to make new ones.
So hello La Jolla and goodbye Arcadia! <3 I’ll see you soon.
I spent two hours back at Walmart looking for my phone and bothering the crap out of Customer Service, but I ended up just buying a mini Bible cause no phone to be found. It’s okay. Well it’s not, but I mean honestly, it will be so yeah. I want to talk about the good things actually, because today was a GREAT day if I hadn’t lost my phone at the end. And I don’t want to focus on one tiny negative thing, when there were a lot of positives.
1. I knew today was going to be a HECTIC day. I PLANNED to take all the kids to school, get an oil change, buy mooncakes & Jamba, visit school, shop for EVERYTHING else I haven’t gotten for college, visit Neo, and hang out with friends.
2. Although not all of it happened, I still had a great day. My morning was bad when I didn’t get up on time, but was nice because Calvin Chu surprised me with a whole bunch of college stuff that I didn’t even think of getting myself!
3. I finished my incredibly hectic morning, which I had already thought was impossible to finish, in time to visit school.
4. I was berry happy to see everyone that I hadn’t seen in awhile. I was able to get Jamba for MK&Jon because I owe them/love them. Josh because Jon asked for him and also cause I love Josh so whatever. and my brother cause he’s my brother. I also was able to give a box of mooncakes to Dr. Sutro including my tourist shirt, gifts to Lee, and Juicy (fake) purse to Diaz.
5. Stayed in Lee’s room for an hour chatting it up with Taylor and Lin. Chatted a bit more with Carl and Lee before saying bye to everyone.
6. On the way out, I said “Hi Paul!” and got ignored, thinking great LOL he never really knew who I was anyway. Then as I was walking ALL the way down Duarte to cross the street, the proctor drove by and following convo ensued.
Paul: You better get in or you’re not gonna make it. Leah: What?? I don’t go here! (wow he really does not remember me -_-) Paul: Oh yeah?? Then where do you go? Leah: What? UCSD. Well I haven’t started yet. But I graduated! Paul: Really? When? Can’t have been last year. Year before? Leah: Omg, last year! I was the kid that was always with John Paul. I know you don’t remember me but come on! Paul: I’m just kidding I remember you! Leah: … Really… I’m gonna.. believe you cause hey wtheck! You would have never offered me a ride when I was still here! Paul: I know so I remember you! I don’t know your name but I remember you. Where are you headed. Leah: Down this street. Paul: Hop on. Leah: REALLY?! It was ALWAYS a dream of mine to get a ride on one of these. Well I did but it was to the principal’s office..I mean I ALWAYS wanted to be those cool kids who got a ride to class. Paul: Alright let’s go then.
Then he proceeded to tell me I was going to conform into a party girl no matter in college, and yadayada, it was so nice of him to take me down Duarte cause gosh that street IS long and I really have always wanted to ride one of those things. LOL <3
7. On the OTHER side going down Duarte to my car, Rainbow Sun and Celina whom I’ve always known but never really talked with both said hi to me and it was really nice just talking to them. Random convos like that make me happy.
8. Skip dorm shopping trip, I got to come home with promised Jamba for siblings and they were berry happy.
9. Saw Jonathan and Becks for an hour, before I had to leave since I had no purpose without my phone.
10. Went to Ma house to drop off huge mooncake box, and talked to the two J’s for awhile. Then Mr. Ma pulled out his camera as I was leaving and started taking pictures of my car pulling out, so I got back out and we took jumping pictures. LOL I love the Mas.
11. But the most important person today was dummy Allen. Honestly, I REALLY REALLY REALLY am so thankful I have a best friend like him. He offered to drive cause although I can drive, my lack of direction makes me really nervous and anxious, which is a no on a productive day. So Allen drovee and we went to Costco first and then Walmart. He helped me rake through every aisle at both huge stores for everything I could possibly need, and took over my three page list without me asking him to. He just grabbed things he knew I needed and kicked my butt for wanting things we both knew I didn’t need. He pushed the cart around LOL and helped me carry everything. And of course it was really really fun. Everyone in the world decided to butt into our conversations today. Or maybe we both just talk really loud and we don’t think so. But all kinds of people would laugh at the stuff we were saying to each other, answer one of our questions to each other, or interuppt our fights to tell us which one of us was right- usually me. So yeah it was a good shopping trip, even though I spent about 500 dollars on everything including mooncakes/jamba etc. But I did buy everything I would truly need, and am now well beyond prepared for school. That’s why the whole phone thing is so frustrating because that is one of the MOST important things, and now I definitely don’t have it.
12.. But it’s okay!!! Because today was a good day. I didn’t get to visit Neo and Gutinator, nor hang out with my friends. But I will visit Neo and visit Tgu tomorrow and find some way to say goodbye to BBBS, but I’m confident BBBS will stay the same<3 So I truly hope I will find my phone, but if not it’s okay. I must forge on.
13. Jesus said, “Don’t let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God, and trust in me.” John 14:1
All those times I wished outloud you were a Blackberry instead of a crappy Envy2 that turned off randomly, doesn’t ring, and generally sux I REALLY REALLY did not mean it!
PLEASE don’t dissapear on my busiest day at home before I leave. I was legitimately careless today while smelling deordarants and I’m SORRY I didn’t put you back in my bag. I want you back. Please don’t be stolen and return to me by tomorrow. I’m leaving for college soon Envy, don’t you want to come with me? I want you to come with me…please come back :(
I don't feel the weight of it at all, but I also don't know how to begin to pack away enough of my life to start a new one in two days. Not to mention I hate packing and I decided to wait last minute to say goodbye to important people. Well, now's a better time than any to start. I believe home will always be home.
Eeeeep Autumn is my favorite season. The whole world looks like it’s burning up without feeling like summer hades. I wish I could go to at least one of these places!! But I’m excited to see the haunted forest at SD change colors soon <3
1. Tonight was a good dinner. I really hope we do this often when I come back because this makes me feel like my time in Hong Kong was not wasted. I’m still mad we weren’t invited to your wedding, but I can tell you both really love us.. so that’s all that matters.
2. You and your crappy salon are bwords for ripping me off in China!! Everytime I look at my nails I cringe but am too depressed over the amount of money I used to take them off yet. Hmph.
3. Do you really really have to do this? I know it’s cause I wish a certain theory was true. But I probably wouldn’t want that either.
4. I’m glad we bonded through your experience. I was wrong about you and I hope our friendship lasts longer than the problem. Cause I like and respect you a lot!
5. I hope you guys are everything I hope you guys to be! I’m so happy we’re off to good starts already and I feel completely compatible and comfortable with you guys. I hope that despite what ups and downs come this next year, we’ll be the kind of friends I’ve always dreamed of when I go off to college <3
6. Everything is okay again. It’s hard for me to tell you cause I feel like I’m constantly changing my mind, but yeah they’re really okay.
7. If we were to hang out, I’d ask you. So I hope you pull through, like you said you would. But if you don’t.. I hate to admit it, but I’ll always always wonder from time to time.
8. Are you a creeper???
9. You are sooooo stupid. Honestly, you are. Please shape up or ship out, because your friends aren’t going to wait forever. No one waits forever.
10. I’d honestly fall in love with you if you weren’t the biggest ahole half the time. But thanks for being the other half with me before I leave. And now there’s a place to go that’ll remind me of my favorite days and moments with you. I really do treasure our friendship and I’m berry glad we patched it up in time.
LeahOkimma: just go get him dude CatTea: i’m so fucking awkward you don’t understand lol only around him too cuz usually i’m smooth like buttah LeahOkimma: LOL ME TOO okay i’m not as smooth CatTea: we’re both lying LeahOkimma: as buttah.. but LOL AHAHAH STFU
Every night I stay up past 12, past 1, etc. Not because I'm not tired. Not because I want to tweak on these social networking sites. Because I am tired, I want to sleep. But I can't because my mind runs like crazy. It over thinks, over analyzes things that I don't want to think about. So I purposely keep myself awake & tire myself out so that when I do finally lie in bed, I fall asleep and my thoughts don't keep me up.
It makes me extremely anxious all day that ALL my courses are waitlists thanks to my random crappy assigned enrollment time. But I’m excited about my seminar professors, because for some reason I decided to pick all these controversial but supposedly brilliant professors. Hopefully, they are and hopefully my schedule works out!!!
On the plus side, although they may think I’m lamesauce, I like my room mates :)
I was wrong about Hong Kong. I was right about all the people that touched my heart, all the adventures I had, and all the unexplainable moments even I did not expect to conquer. But I was wrong to think that I had accomplished what I wanted. I just knew it was too easy. I left Hong Kong airport crying and mad and dissapointed. And that’s how it’ll feel, until I go back next time and the next and the next. It’s okay though. Because I’ve known since I was ten it would take more than one independent summer to fix a lifetime of other people’s mistakes. I just don’t want to talk about Hong Kong anymore. It was the best trip that I could have taken and knew I had to take in my life thus far. But it wasn’t the right one.
And honestly, I’ve been home since 12 am, talking with my mom until my voice turned into an ugly whisper. So there isn’t anymore to say and I don’t want to think about all of it for a long time. I tried my best this year and that’s all that will ever matter. I am so so soooooo happy to be home. It’s time to move on to the next big thing :)